Friday, June 19, 2009

Half way done with BC

Tuesday was a great day ... I got a phone call from Rob and I got a letter from him. Actually, it seems like he writes a few letters during the week, and then sends them all out on Sunday. Or Monday. Anyway, it was a great day. And today I got the information about his graduation. Although I recently discovered www.navyformoms.com, which is also a good site for wives (and other loved ones), so I feel like I already know a lot of "insider" information about PIR (pass in review, or graduation), although I wonder if knowing more is stressing me out more, now that I'm trying to figure out the logistics, considering every recruit gets four guests, but only one vehicle pass to get on base, and I'm the only one staying near base the night before. Hmm.

Anyway, in my non-navy-wife life, I had a band concert last night. It was interesting, since we got locked out of rehearsal the week before, so it had been almost two weeks since we all played together. Plus it was raining all week, so we weren't sure if we'd get rained out. But, the concert went really well. We have two concerts the week after next, and they are both patriotic, one with cannons for the 1812 Overture, which should be fun.

And in completely useless-to-anyone-but-me news, Mad Men season one is available again on Comcast On Demand. So there goes my weekend. Not that I really had any plans. The past few weekends have been so busy for me, I would like to keep this one free of plans for now. Plus I really need to clean the apartment. Don't tell Rob how messy I can be when he's not around. Because I'm always the one complaining about his clutter. But he's the one who sweeps and stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment