Monday, January 4, 2010

Training Day One

Well, I already have a goal for 2010. I'm running a half marathon on May 2, 2010. And, according the countdown app on my Droid, I have 117 days to train for it. But, I set up a training plan to take it one week at a time. After a very quick Google search, I discovered that many training plans include shorter runs during the week, and distance runs one day a week (usually the weekend), gradually building toward your target distance.

So, for the first day of training, I ran two miles in 20 minutes on the treadmill. Not super impressive, but you try to do it (that comment is aimed at non-runners). Impressive enough considering how lax I've been on working out lately.

Also, according to their Facebook updates, I have inspired two of my friends to consider training for their first 5K races. Which further inspires me to achieve my goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment