Sunday, May 23, 2010

Pushing Myself

This has been a year of doing things outside of my normal comfort zone. So far this year, I have:
  1. Given presentations at work to leadership groups
  2. Given a presentation to my peers at a conference
  3. Ran a half marathon

    And most recently:
  4. Modeled in a charity fashion show

Annual Style Show

Somehow I ended up in the 80s group, hence the hair and make-up. I was mildly dreading this leading up to the Show, but it ended up being fun, and I met some very nice people. Plus, it's fun to be able to say I've been in a fashion show. And I really liked my dress (didn't get to keep it, but I could have purchased it at a discount).

I work for a healthcare system, and the show was to raise money for one of our hospitals. So, it was for a good cause. I can never say "no" if it's for a good cause!

No comments:

Post a Comment