Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Why did I ever stop?

I've really been slacking on my running lately. I was already slacking when we decided we were going to move, and then I just completely stopped running to take time to pack and move. And then it got hot. And my commute is longer so running in the morning went from hard to impossible, and now I need ever more of a mental kick in the butt to go after work.

Anyway, I went running today for the first time in weeks. I should never stop running! My pace was slow. I didn't go as far as I normally do. But that's to be expected when you slack on anything.

Of course the heat isn't going to go away anytime soon. But I just need to suck it up and deal with it. Try, and even I get too hot, just walk. But at least try. You never succeed if you don't try.

Or I could get a gym membership and run in a sweaty, stinky gym on a treadmill. Ugh. Or run in the forest preserves. Those might be a couple degrees cooler.

No comments:

Post a Comment