Thursday, November 25, 2010

I'm Thankful For ...

a very snuggie Christmas
Five people I'm thankful for: The Sailor (despite the Packers hat), my brothers and my sisters-in-law.
Photo taken last Christmas. Two of the three snuggies belong to me.
  1. Being able to spend Thanksgiving with The Sailor. Last year he was at A-School in Pensacola and was on duty on Thanksgiving (also his birthday last year) and couldn't make it home. 
  2. My health. I got up early and ran a 5K race this morning. Why? Because of the novelty, and to feel better about gorging later that day, but also, because I CAN! I have two legs and two lungs and all four of them work just as they should and I'm going to try to use them to their fullest extent as much as I can.
  3. My family. Both of my parents are still alive, healthy, and happily married to each other. How many of my friends can say that? Only two immediately come to mind. (Excluding my siblings/cousins because my parents and their siblings all seem to have really good luck with marriage when you compare their success rates to the stats in this country.)
  4. My brothers, sisters-in-law and cousins. I'm blessed with a bunch of family members around my age who I consider much more than just people I have to love, but people I really and truly love and hope are a major part of my life for the rest of my life. 
  5. My friends. I have some wonderful amazing friends who I don't get to see nearly as much as I'd like, but who I still consider my best friends even when we go weeks without talking to each other. And some of these friends I have literally known for almost my entire life (23 out of 28 years).

No comments:

Post a Comment