Thursday, October 20, 2011

How many times can a turkey trot?

Thanks
Is it just me, or are there a lot of Thanksgiving-themed races in your neck of the woods?

Down here in the south suburbs of Chicago, we have:

Sat 11/5: Palos Park Turkey Trot 5K
Sat 11/12: Bourbonnais Turkey Trot 5K
Sun 11/13: Tinley Park Turkey Trot 5K
Sat 11/19: New Lenox Drumstick Dash 5K
Sat 11/19: Orland Hills Turkey Trot 5K
Sat 11/19: Give then Gobble 5K
Sat 11/19: Beecher Turkey Trot 5K
Thur 11/24: Running For Kicks Turkey Trot 4mi
Thur 11/24: Joliet Poultry Predictor 4mi
Thur 11/24: Orland Park Turkey Trot 2.5mi
Fri 11/25: Homewood Butterball Burner Fun Run
Sat 11/26: Beverly Hills Turkey Trot 5K

And this isn't even that race-heavy of an area (compared to other parts of Chicagoland).

I'm tempted to see how many of these I can do. Some of them are pretty cheap (under $20). I'm already signed up for two of them. But I can only talk The Sailor into so many races, and races are so much more fun with friends. (I need more running friends, but why does everyone else insist on meeting at 7am for weekend runs? When it's not hot out?)

Anyway, the important question is, should I get some kind of themed hat or costume?

No comments:

Post a Comment