Saturday, December 10, 2011

Oh ... It's winter already?

Today was the coldest day of the season. What a great day to go for a run! At 7am! (I'm forcing myself to be a morning person on the weekends for the sake of not running alone.)

Source: TooTallFritz.com (I'll let you guess which one she is)
Two long sleeve tech tees, lined jacket, tights, lined track pants, two pairs of socks, three pairs of gloves, hat, and a headband around my neck (and sometimes my face). Just enough to not be freezing but surprisingly I didn't overheat. Luckily it wasn't windy.

Four of us from a smaller running group (the Frankfort New Lenox Running Club, or as we like to call it - the F'N Runners) "crashed" a much larger (and more serious) running group's Saturday morning run.  (I don't think they minded since we know some of them ... the running community is a small world.) I ran 8 miles total (to the water dropped at mile 4 at back - ran back with a couple women who I usually run with on Monday night's with the local running store) and the other three F'N Runners did 10.

After getting back from my run, it was time to get ready to go back outside. To the Christkindlmarket in Chicago.

Chriskindle Market Chicago
Gawain and Madeline

Chriskindle Market Chicago
Hot Spiced Wine in a boot

Chriskindle Market Chicago
SIL Melissa, niece Madeline, me

Chriskindle Market Chicago
Madeline & Mark (my oldest bro)

Afterwards we warmed up with dinner at Fogo de Chao (Brazillian steakhouse). I'm no foodie, so this is my review: YUM. Their salad bar ... AMAZING. I wish I could have just spent half the price and had the salad bar all night. BUT the meat was delicious too. And I'm not even a very big meat eater.

Since I'm not a wanna be foodie, I didn't take pictures of my food, but I did take another picture of Madeline de-bundled (because I'm Stalker Aunt).

Madeline
Madeline


Then we went to Marshall Field's Macy's so Melissa could buy Frangos and we could look at the tree and gawk at people who waited 3 hours for a table at the Walnut Room.

State Street Macy's Christmas Tree

Don't forget: Give me $5 before 12/12/11 and I might just give you a FuelBelt. (Raising money for the American Cancer Society. Raffle info here.)

No comments:

Post a Comment