Friday, December 23, 2011

Seen on My Run: Dirt Jumps

Today was a gorgeous, sunny, chilly (30 degrees) day, just begging me to go outside and run. So I did. I'm still getting used to running around my new (old) neighborhood, and this time decided to head south. I ended up near the dirt jumps for BMX riding that my brother and his friends have maintained in a forest preserve for the past 15+ years. Not sure how many times the jumps have been bulldozed and remade. But they are pretty impressive. They are built in a loop, I'd guess one time around might be 100 meters. Maybe 200? (I'm a terrible judge of distance.) Here is a video of my brother riding around the loop in a Sasquatch costume (it was around Halloween).

No riders were there today (it was in the middle of the day on Friday) but I did stop to take pictures:

Monee Jumps


Monee Jumps

Monee Jumps

Monee Jumps

The jumps really are made for bikes and most of them are too steep to (safely) run up or down. I didn't want to risk twisting my ankle so I resisted the urge to run around the loop.

No comments:

Post a Comment