Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Like Riding a Bike

Yesterday, I went for a bike ride. For the first time in probably ... 12 years.

And guess what, you really don't forget how to ride a bike. At least, when it comes to balancing and pedaling.

It did take me a little bit to figure out the gears. This is a "new-to-me" bike that my brother made for me a year and a half ago. (Yes, and I am just now riding it for the first time. I'm a terrible sister.)

new bike, and it's maker

For the record, Steve is a far better bike rider than me:





I made this "documentary" when I took Intro to Video Production my senior year of college (fall 2003, for anyone keeping track). Yes, Steve used to have dreadlocks.

Anyway, I ended up riding 8.4 miles in 55 minutes. Still not as fast as Ryan Hall. Even on a bike. But this was my first time out. So I'll work on it.

It only took me a few miles to figure out you should stand up when going over bumps. And I was glad I wore a hat with a visor and sunglasses. Bugs come at you a lot faster on a bike.

PS - don't forget to enter my 13.1 Chicago half marathon giveaway. I'll pick a winner on Thursday.
PPS - Amanda - Too Tall Fritz is giving away some Punkee Love Headbands!

No comments:

Post a Comment