Thursday, May 28, 2009

A week and a day

It's been a week and a day since I dropped the hubs off at the recruiter's office to go up to boot camp. It's really starting to set in. He's not here. He's not going to be here for months. So no hugs, no cuddles. We're a very affectionate couple. We loved "hugs on a demand." No hugs on demand for me for a while (or him ... I doubt his drill instructor or bunk mate is giving him hugs on demand). And I can't just pick up the phone and call him. I miss that. Usually at least once (or twice) during the work day one of us would call the other just to say "hi ... I love you ... how's your day going?" for a couple minutes. I miss being able to just call him, hear his voice, tell him I love him, hear him say he loves me. AHHH. This cut off of all communication sucks. I know they have to break him in, and mold him, and I feel like I'm being broken in too. Forced to get used to being cut off from each other.

Anyway, the next time I see you, if I hug you a lot ... just bear with me. I miss hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment