I find it easier to set goals for things I want to do rather than habits I want to change. Some of these goals are aligned with habits I would like to change though.
Goals for 2011:
- Run another race longer than 6.2 miles.
- Join a running club/group.
- Run over 400 miles total (average 7.7 miles each week).
- Do at least 12 races.
- Do something fun and unique that is also exercise, like roller derby lite, burlesque class or trapeze class.
- Take a vacation, even if it's just a long weekend trip somewhere in the Midwest.
|High School. |
I was a soccer player.
|College. I lived in Chicago.|
We walked a lot more.
Ick. What happened?
Four years ago my BMI was 23.3.
Now it's 25.8.
My total cholesterol was 165 (HDL = 110, LDL = 89).
Now it's 187 (HDL = 126, LDL = 109). Still under what it should be but I don't want it trending upward.
My percent of body fat was 24. Now it's 28.
So I really need to stick to working out, and signing up for races seems to be a good way to force myself to stick to it. For inspiration, check out how skinny I used to be.