Thursday, July 9, 2009

8 MORE DAYS

I thought time was moving slowly before ... now that we're in single digits, it's moving s-l-o-w-e-r. But ....

1. I got an official letter today from the Navy congratulating me on my Sailor's accomplishment at being selected as the Honor Recruit for his division. "This selection is based on his individual performance of duty in all phases of basic training including leadership, initiative, military bearing, response to orders, sportsmanship, qualities of a good shipmate and high overall scholastic standing." WAY TO GO ROB!

2. My mom photocopied a letter she received from Rob, and this part cracked me up: "My next week of training is fire fighting. I've already started studying for it, and it's actually very interesting. So much so, that it's got me thinking about becoming a fireman (which, of course, I've never considered before because firemen don't carry guns). I suppose I'm more like my father than I realize."

No comments:

Post a Comment