Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Goodbye, hair (eventually)

This past Friday was my third Relay For Life event.

Relay For Life Frankfort/Mokena

First Lap: (Cancer) Survivors Lap

Relay For Life Frankfort/Mokena

With my best friend Gennie, who lost her Dad to cancer. And she's not my only teammate who lost her Dad to cancer. And we didn't have a very big team (5 of us total).

Relay For Life Frankfort/Mokena

The event was a success!! Overall, the event raised over $160,000 for the American Cancer Society. My team (one of 68), raised over $2,500 and I personally raised $1,100.

Which means I reached my goal of raising $1,000 ... which means I have to cut off my hair and donate it to Locks of Love.

I think I'm going to let it grow just a little more before I cut it ... more to donate, right???

No comments:

Post a Comment