Thursday, September 30, 2010

I'll try anything once. Or twice. Raw vegan food edition.

My motto of "I'll try anything once" has led me to try some unique food: Pig's Blood, Fried Alligator, Bison burgers. So far the only thing I don't want to try at least once is any type of bug, however, I do like shrimp and they are closely related to cockroaches or something.

Anyway, my fearlessness of food has introduced my husband to new foods. Sushi, Mediterranean and Indian, which have all been big hits with him. To the point that he likes sushi more than I do. (He did try Thai food, and other than green curry, doesn't really like it.)

Probably who my husband
expected to see at the restaurant
Tonight he agreed to try Borrowed Earth Cafe, the local raw-vegan restaurant. He suggested it (after I frequently mentioned I'd like to try it together). I've ordered carry out from there once (by myself) and liked it. Earlier today, he emailed me and asked "have you seen the menu for this place? are you sure you want to go there?" After I replied "yes," he replied "well I'll avoid the stuff with nuts ... I don't like nuts in my food." Baby steps.

So anyway, I'm pleased to say the raw vegan restaurant has received rave reviews from my husband. He tried a pina colada smoothie, we had stuffed mushroom caps for an appetizer, and he had the eggplant parmigiana and I had the falafel. We shared a slice of pumpkin "cheese"cake for dessert. Everything was delicious and now we're super full, but it's a good full because everything was so healthy. And I appreciated being able to eat without suspecting something has dairy/milk and will upset my stomach.

Enjoying the pumpkin "cheese"cake

I also enjoyed the food

No comments:

Post a Comment