Saturday, February 26, 2011

My Oscar Picks 2011

ooohhhh yeahhhhhh
My post reviewing Black Swan has had 5,392 Pageviews. Which easily makes it the most popular post on my blog. (I think the second most popular has around one-tenth the number of views, and only because it was about Mad Men).

So I'm guessing after tomorrow night my blog viewership will go way down. Bummer.

Anyway, I am by no means an expert, but here are my Oscar picks, in preparation for my brother & sister-in-law's party tomorrow night. 



Best Motion Picture of the Year
The King's Speech (although I might change it to The Social Network)

Performance by an Actress in a Leading Role
Natalie Portman (Black Swan)

Performance by an Actor in a Leading Role
Colin Firth (The King's Speech)

Performance by an Actor in a Supporting Role
Christian Bale (The Fighter)

Performance by an Actress in a Supporting Role
Melissa Leo (The Fighter)

Best Animated Feature Film of the Year
Toy Story 3

Best Documentary Short Subject
Killing in the Name

Best Short Film (Animated)
Day & Night Teddy Newton

Best Short Film (Live Action)
Na Wewe Ivan Goldschmidt

Achievement in Art Direction
The King's Speech

Achievement in Cinematography
True Grit (Roger Deakins)

Achievement in Costume Design
The King's Speech (Jenny Beaven)

Achievement in Directing
Tom Hooper (The King's Speech)

Best Documentary Feature
Inside Job Charles Ferguson, director (Representational Pictures)

Achievement in Makeup
The Wolfman

Achievement in Film Editing
The Social Network (Kirk Baxter and Angus Wall)

Best Foreign Language Film of the Year
In a Better World (Denmark)

Achievement in Music Written for Motion Pictures (Original Score)
The Social Network (Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross) [I just really want Trent Reznor to win]

Achievement in Music Written for Motion Pictures (Original Song)
"We Belong Together" from Toy Story 3 Music and Lyric by Randy Newman

Achievement in Sound Editing
Inception

Achievement in Sound Mixing
Inception

Achievement in Visual Effects
Inception

Adapted Screenplay
The Social Network (Aaron Sorkin)

Original Screenplay
The King's Speech (David Seidler)



In semi-related news, this totally explains why I like Severus Snape so much:


2 comments:

  1. Have a post titled "psycho lesbian dream"...that'll get you up to at least 4999.

    Yay Oscars! I like that this year is actually is kinda up in the air.

    -Your friend at angryrunner.wordpress.com. Blogger hates me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha good idea ... especially if it's my psycho lesbian dream about Angry Runner.

    ReplyDelete