Friday, January 20, 2012

Remember when it was in the 50s in January and we were all so excited?

Those days are over. At least my view at work is better. The empty lot across the street (that was supposed to be some kind of water park / baseball fields / hotel complex, before the recession hit) is much prettier covered in snow.

snow

snow

snow

According to Facebook, everyone's commute home was like this tonight (this picture was taken at a red light). Actually this was the better part of my commute. I went down some streets that were worse. And the side streets I take to get to where I park at home weren't plowed at all and it kind of felt like I was steering a boat! Too bad I wasn't actually steering a boat. That would mean I'm on vacation somewhere warm and relaxing.

snow

75 minutes later (to go 12 miles), I was home safely.

snow

It sure is pretty though, isn't it? Once you are home and in sweatpants, it is.

snow

I'll pretend that because of the snow we are staying in, but really, this would be our Friday night regardless. Side-by-side laptops in bed. Just as marriage is intended to be.

snow

Also, another perk to living with your parents? Driving home in a snowstorm to homemade soup on the stove. AND corned beef and cabbage in the fridge for re-heating. Seriously. I don't know why more people pushing 30 don't live with their parents.

No comments:

Post a Comment