Monday, March 1, 2010

Oscar Predictions

This Sunday is the Oscars, and for the past few years, my (now) sister-in-law has hosted a party (and now that they're married, my brother and sister-in-law have hosted a party). Anyway, we also do Oscar ballots, and usually there is a prize for whoever gets the most correct (but most of us would be happy with just the bragging rights). This year, I'm doing research! And based on that, here are my Oscar picks:

Best Picture: The Hurt Locker
Best Actor: Jeff Bridges
Best Actress: Meryl Streep
Supporting Actor: Christoph Waltz
Supporting Actress: Mo'Nique
Best Director: Kathryn Bigleow
Best Original Screenplay: Quentin Taranteno
Best Adapted Screenplay: Jason Reitman
Best Animated Film: Up
Best Documentary: The Cove
Best Foreign Language Film: Das Weisse Band (Germany)
Cinematography: Avatar
Art Direction: Avatar
Costume Design: Coco Before Chanel
Film Editing: The Hurt Locker
Sound Editing: Inglorious Basterds
Make up: Star Trek
Original Score: Up
Original Song: The Weary King (Crazy Heart)
Visual Effects: Avatar

Bold = movies I've seen

1 comment:

  1. In case anyone is keeping tabs, I ended up winning the Oscar ballots! I got 14 out of 20 correct. Also, I changed my pick for best actress to Sandra Bullock. Seemed silly not to. Also I know I picked something else for film editing because I'm pretty sure The Hurt Locker won and I'm pretty sure I didn't get that one. Don't remember what else varied from this and my actual picks.

    ReplyDelete