Friday, November 25, 2011

Thanksgiving ... TIME FOR PIE. Which I'll run off with strangers.

Hope you all had a fantastic Thanksgiving!

Thanksgiving 2011
I love how I'm 29 but my parents still have to document whenever I'm cooking.
Making Artichoke Spinach Dip Stuffed Mushrooms. Recipe.

Pi Pie Plate ... told you I was a dork
Yup, I'm a dork.


Thanksgiving 2011
The mushrooms were a hit. Also, any leftover filling is good (uncooked) with tortilla chips.


Thanksgiving 2011
The place cards were turkeys made from my niece's handprint. They also had magnets on the back.
Also my sister-in-law is only a few craft projects away from being the next Martha Stewart.


Thanksgiving 2011
My brother Mark (one of the hosts) is ready to get down to business.


Thanksgiving 2011
Cuddling with my niece after dinner.
Her shirt said "Everyone is Thankful for ME!"
As the only grandchild and niece or nephew in our immediate family, yes, that is very true.


Thanksgiving 2011
Triple-layer chocolate cake, pumpkin pie!!!!! and wildberry pie


Thanksgiving 2011
The Sailor made triple-layer chocolate cake from scratch. His best one yet! :)


Thanksgiving 2011
"She's part Texan."

This morning, instead of shopping (I never shop on Black Friday anyway, unless it's at a resale store), I got up early and met up with some other lady runners for a 9.5 mile run at Waterfall Glen. FINALLY. I keep hearing about Waterfall Glen, I'm glad I finally had a chance to check it out. It was a nice trail, although some parts had zero shade - something to keep in mind when summer rolls back around. Also FINALLY in the sense that I FINALLY dragged my lazy butt out of bed early on a day off to meet up with a group for a run. And even though we were running for 97 minutes, it went really fast! And not just because we ran faster than I would have if I were running alone.

Post-run photo taken on Amanda's phone by super fast dude in short shorts.
But they are always in short shorts. Source: TooTallFritz.com.

Of course our group was one-third blogger. In the white shirt is Amanda, and Kelly is in the front, second from right. And I'm in the blue top/navy blue jacket.

And as if that wasn't enough, I went to a 1.5 hour Tribal Belly Dance workshop tonight. Actually, it felt good. I guess there is something to "cross training" and using different muscles. Maybe tomorrow I'll even go to the gym and swim a few laps! My legs could use a break.

How did you spend your Black Friday? 

P.S. I'm still accepting donations for my Active Bands giveaway :)

No comments:

Post a Comment