Friday, February 24, 2012

Fashion Friday: Scarf Week

Awhile back, I tried to start a fashion blog. It didn't last very long. I realized I'm not fashionable enough day-to-day to support a blog, nor do I have enough interest in keeping up with fashion and trends and news ... nothing like these bloggers. But I think I might be able to support a weekly post related to "fashion." Spoiler: it might devolve into Running Fashion Friday, but I'm OK with that.

I guess scarves are "hot" right now, and I fully support this. Clearly.

wardrobe remix

When I was a kid, I remember being told by one of my friends that because I'm a redhead, I shouldn't wear pink. Because red and pink clash. I disagree. So on Valentine's Day, I wore them together.

And then I decided to make this past week Scarf Week ...

Monday:

wardrobe remix wardrobe remix   wardrobe remix

I love these flats from Target. Even though they are an animal print, because of the colors, I consider them a neutral (see how they blend into the neutral office carpet), and wear them as such.

(Fat) Tuesday:

wardrobe remix

Mardi Gras. What can I say, I like to be festive. I was also told that I'm wearing Donatello colors (as in the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles).

Wednesday:

Wardrobe Remix Wardrobe Remix

I bought this scarf at Walgreens. That's right, the drugstore chain. I saw it and liked the print. I was trying to build an outfit around this scarf at 6am. I don't really know if it's working for me. Also, when I got to the office, and was cold and put on my fleece ... I realized I was wearing all one color. Maybe I'll start a new trend. Or maybe I'll try this scarf again with something else. I don't think this is a repeat outfit.

Thursday:

Wardrobe Remix Wardrobe Remix

In case you can't tell, my top and pants are dark brown.

Friday:

No picture because I work from home on Fridays. I wore yoga pants and a baggy hoodie to "the office" (um, my bed with my laptop) and didn't even brush my hair.

Did you enter my Favorite Things raffle yet? I'll pick a winner as soon as I wake up on Monday morning (I'm taking the day off). So you have until then to enter! 

2 comments:

  1. Love the scarves! I have quite a collection myself and always try to tie them is cute fancy ways to make hem appear as if I actually care what I look like.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! I know, a scarf is such an easy way to make an outfit look more "together." Plus they are warm and comfy and I don't have to think about jewelry.

      Delete