Just for funsies ... I'm starting a Runner Photo Challenge. We all like to run, and we all like taking pictures, why not combine the two? Also this could make for easy blog fodder when you (and I) can't come up with a good topic for a post.
|Sort of related ... has anyone else seen Yes Man? |
And did it totally make you want to start a Running/Photography Club? Just me?
How the Runner Photo Challenge will work (I'm kind of making this up as I go along) ...
- Each week I'll suggest a new photo challenge. It will be running related. (Unless I run out of ideas ... get it? Run out of ideas?) It might be really specific (like the first one - see end of this post). Or it might be more vague and open to interpretation.
- If you want to participate, sometime within that week, take a photo that fits the theme of the challenge (or find a past photo that you've taken or has been taken of you).
- Share the photo (and any related story or explanation). How you share it is up to you. You can blog it, Facebook it, tweet it, post it to DailyMile, etc. If you would be so kind, please include a link back to this post.
- Share a link to your post with me - leave a comment with the link, or email the link to firstname.lastname@example.org, or tweet a link to @not_margaret, or post a link on the Mag Mile Runner Facebook page.
- If you don't want to share it elsewhere, you can also just email the photo (and related story/explanation) directly to me at email@example.com.
- The following week, I will do a round-up post with everyone's photos (and related stories), and introduce the next week's photo challenge.
Sound easy? I hope so. Sound interesting? I really hope so. If you have idea for future photo challenges, leave a comment.
Some notes: You do not need to be a blogger to participate, but ideally you should be a runner (and by "runner," I mean that once in awhile you lace up a pair of shoes and put one foot in front of the other at a faster pace than you walk). You do not need to participate every week, just whenever you feel like it. There are no prizes for participating, other than fame, and even that is pretty questionable (I'm not Skinny Runner). You do not need to be a good photographer, and with apps like Instagram, any photo can look artsy and cool.
That being said, here goes nothing:
This week's photo challenge: A picture of memorabilia (bib, shirt, medal, trophy, etc - can be just one thing or multiple things) from your favorite race. Include an explanation of why it's your favorite race.
Here's where I get nit-picky - only pick ONE race. I know we all have many favorite races for various reasons. Pick ONE. There will be future photo challenges (unless this is a fail). Also, the emphasis of the photo should be the memorabilia. For example, it can be a shot of you wearing your medal, but the emphasis should be on the medal.
Send/share your photo & explanation, or a link to your photo & explanation, by end of the day on Monday, April 23 to be included in the photo challenge round-up next Tuesday.